❤ Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤
Whether you’re single or in a relationship, I hope the love that you’re feeling today starts with the love that you have for yourself. A lot of people refer to Valentine’s Day as “Single Awareness Day” and I just wanted to mention that if you’re single this Valentine’s Day, that’s awesome. No really, it is. Take this time to focus on yourself and what it is that you DO want in a relationship / boyfriend / girlfriend / spouse. Get clear on that. You deserve to be with someone who loves you the way that you want and need to be loved, and if you’re not with that person today, that’s okay! Who knows what tomorrow has in store for you.
Today I wanted to make a sweet little treat and the first thing that came to my mind were chocolate and peanut butter cups. And, since it’s Valentine’s Day, what better way to celebrate than with heart-shaped goodies?! To make this recipe even sweeter, I’m using my absolute FAVORITE peanut butter and chocolate products from the AMAZING brand, Nuttzo! If you haven’t heard of them, you need to check them out ASAP. They take healthy to an entirely different level with their products. Today I’m using their Organic Peanut Pro Smooth and their Organic Power Fuel Chocolate. Here are a few reasons I’m loving Nuttzo this Valentine’s Day:
Organic Peanut Pro Smooth:
- Part of the ORIGINAL multi-nut and seed butter family ❤
- There are no added sugars or palm oil ❤
- It’s high in omega-3 and protein ❤
- It’s vegan, non-dairy, soy-free and paleo friendly ❤
- Only 1 gram of sugar per serving (2 TBS) ❤
- Ingredients: Organic peanuts, organic cashews, organic almonds, organic flax seeds, organic brazil nuts, organic hazelnuts, organic sunflower seeds, Celtic sea salt. ❤
Organic Power Fuel Chocolate
- The first Paleo chocolate nut butter ❤
- Peanut and soy-free ❤
- Organic, Paleo-friendly dark chocolate ❤
- No added sugars or oils ❤
- Only 2 grams of sugar per serving (2 TBS) ❤
- Vegan-friendly ❤
- Organic, gluten-free, Non-GM and B-Corp certified ❤
- Ingredients: Organic cashews, organic almonds, organic brazil nuts, organic flax seeds, organic chia seeds, organic hazelnuts, organic pumpkin seeds, organic chocolate, Celtic sea salt. ❤
Let’s get to the recipe! For our heart-shaped chocolate and peanut butter cups, we will need:
- 1 heart-shaped muffin tin (I got this one at Target!)
- 1 cup of Nuttzo’s Organic Peanut Pro Smooth
- 1 cup of Nuttzo’s Power Fuel Chocolae
- 2 TBS of coconut oil, divided
- Place your cup of peanut butter and cup of chocolate into two separate microwave-safe measuring cups.
- Add one TBS of coconut oil to each measuring cup, stir to combine and then warm up in microwave until peanut butter and chocolate are melted and easy to pour.
- Spray your muffin tin with a non-stick spray and pour a first layer of your peanut butter or chocolate into each cavity. I alternated between peanut butter and chocolate! So, every other heart, I would switch up between peanut butter and chocolate.
- Once you have your first layer down, pop your tray into the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- For your second layer, switch up what you flavor you used the first time around. If you used peanut butter for your first layer, add chocolate as your second layer and vice versa.
- Once your second layer is complete, freeze for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add your final layer with the first layer you started with.
- Freeze for at least one hour (I froze mine overnight).
- Once frozen, carefully slide a knife down the side of each heart to pop them out of the tin.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
PS: Happy Valentine’s Day to my #1 valentine! Love you, handsome!
And a happy FIRST Valentine’s Day to my other little love bug!